Below are questions and answers to those questions that are frequently asked of the Board office:

Q. What is the fastest way to get an answer from Board staff?

A. E-mail is the quickest form of communication with the Board staff. For general questions or licensing questions, please e-mail

Q. Can I pay over the phone for anything?

A. At this time, we do not have the ability to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or in the board office.

Q. I live in Cheyenne; can I bring in my application, documents or payment?

A. Of course! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you need to talk to Board staff, please call ahead to make sure we will be in the office when you arrive. Please be aware the Board does NOT accept cash.

Q. Who do I make my check, cashier’s check or money order out to?

A. The State of Wyoming or the Wyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners.

Q. Where do I mail my application or request forms?

A. The address to our office can be found on the contact us page. It also is on top of every application and form.

Q. I moved. How can I change my address with the Board?

A. All address changes must be received in writing. You can email your new address to

Q. What is considered proof of legal presence?

A. Most commonly, proof of legal presence is a COPY of your social security card, passport, or state issued birth certificate. Driver’s licenses and hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted.

Q. I got married or divorced recently and changed my last name. What do I need to do with the Board office?  

A. We have a name change request form on the forms page of the website. We also can accept a written request. You will need to include the legal document that allowed for the name change. This generally is a copy of your marriage license of divorce decree.

Q. How can I get a new wall certificate and/or pocket cards with my new name?

A. There is a $25.00 fee for replacement documents. This fee must be received in the form of a cashier's check or money order. You can mail in this fee with a written request, or include the fee with your name change request form. 

Q. I changed my name a while ago but my proof of legal presence still shows my previous name. Can I still apply using my proof of legal presence?

A. Yes! You will need to include a copy of the legal document that allowed for your name change (commonly a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree) with your application.

Q. What do I need to submit for my application to be complete?

A. Almost every application packet we have available includes either an instruction page or a check list. Please visit the forms page and choose the application you are interested in for more information.

Q. I want to apply in another state and they told me I need a letter with my license information, how do I get that?

A. You need a license verification. There is a fee of $25.00 for this service, payable by cashier’s check or money order to the state of Wyoming. We do have a verification request form available. You also can send a written request with your name, type of license, current address and the address you want the verification sent.

Q. I need lists of all the chiropractors that are licensed in Wyoming. What do I do?

A. We have a roster request form available on our website. Additionally, we will take a written request. There is a $200.00 fee for each roster that must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. 

Q:  Does the Board require licensure or certification for Chiropractic Assistants (CAs)?

A:  CAs are not regulated by the Board. The Board does highly recommend that CAs in Wyoming obtain the Certified Chiropractic Clinical Assistant (CCCA) certification through the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB) to ensure a high standard of care for Wyoming patients.

Q:  Can a Chiropractic Assistant (CA) take radiographs?

A:  CAs, even if certified, are not qualified to take radiographs. Anyone taking radiographs in Wyoming must be appropriately licensed or permitted to do so. CAs that wish to take radiographs must first obtain a “restricted license” from the Wyoming Board of Radiologic Technologist Examiners. The application form and instructions can be found on their website at This license allows a CA to pay $285.00 and choose up to three (3) areas in which they may be tested: skull, chest, spine, extremities, and podiatric. Diligent studying for this examination is highly recommended.

Q:  Can I adjust animals?

A: Wyoming Statute 33-10-101 defines the Chiropractic scope of practice:

"Chiropractic is the system of specific adjustment or manipulation of the joints and tissues of the body and the treatment of the human body by the application of manipulative, manual, mechanical, physiotherapeutic or clinical nutritional methods for which those persons licensed under this chapter are trained and may include venipuncture, acupuncture and the use of diagnostic x-rays with rights for referral for advanced diagnostic imaging. A chiropractor may examine, diagnose and treat patients provided, however, chiropractors shall not perform surgery, direct the use of or administer drugs required by law to be dispensed on prescription only, practice obstetrics or prescribe or administer x-ray therapy. For purposes of this act, "venipuncture" means the puncture of the vein for the withdrawal of blood."

​A chiropractor's practice is limited to the human body, however, please be aware a chiropractor may adjust animals under the supervision of a Wyoming licensed veterinarian.

Q: Can Chiropractors order labs?

A: At their September 18, 2015 meeting, the Board discussed the ability for Chiropractors to order labs. The consensus is that it is allowed, however, hospitals and laboratories do not have run the tests if they do not wish to.

The Wyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners is staffed through the Professional Licensing Boards Office, a division of A&I.