Wyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners

Licensing Questions

Q. If I'm an IME or a chiropractor using telehealth means, do I need a Wyoming license?

A. YES! Please view this advisory from the Board for further clarification.

Q. How do I know if certain practices are deemed acceptable?

A. Any practice related decisions made by the Board are posted at https://chiropractic.wyo.gov/professionals/practice.

Q: Does the Board require licensure or certification for Chiropractic Assistants (CAs)?

A: CAs are not regulated by the Board. The Board does highly recommend that CAs in Wyoming obtain the Certified Chiropractic Clinical Assistant (CCCA) certification through the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB) to ensure a high standard of care for Wyoming patients.

Q: Can a Chiropractic Assistant (CA) take radiographs?

A: CAs, even if certified, are not qualified to take radiographs. Anyone taking radiographs in Wyoming must be appropriately licensed or permitted to do so. CAs that wish to take radiographs must first obtain a “restricted license” from the Wyoming Board of Radiologic Technologist Examiners. The application form and instructions can be found on their website at http://radiology.wyo.gov/professionals/forms. This license allows a CA to pay $285.00 and choose up to three (3) areas in which they may be tested: skull, chest, spine, extremities, and podiatric. Diligent studying for this examination is highly recommended.

General Correspondence Questions

Q. What is the fastest way to get an answer from Board staff?

A. E-mail is the quickest form of communication with the Board staff. For general questions or licensing questions, please e-mail jason.brock1@wyo.gov.

Q. Can I pay over the phone for anything?

A. At this time, we do not have the ability to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or in the board office.

Q. Can I bring in my application, documents or payment?

A. Of course! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you need to talk to Board staff, please call ahead to make sure we will be in the office when you arrive. Please be aware the Board does NOT accept cash.

Q. Who do I make my check, cashier’s check or money order out to?

A. The State of Wyoming or the Wyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners.

Q. Where do I mail my application or request forms?

A. The address to our office can be found on the contact us page. It also is on top of every application and form.

Q. I moved. How can I change my address with the Board?

A. All address changes must be received in writing. You can email your new address to jason.brock1@wyo.gov.

Q. What is considered proof of legal presence?

A. Most commonly, proof of legal presence is a COPY of your social security card, passport, or state issued birth certificate. Driver’s licenses and hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted.

Q. I got married or divorced recently and changed my last name. What do I need to do with the Board office?

A. We have a name change request form on the forms page of the website. We also can accept a written request. You will need to include the legal document that allowed for the name change. This generally is a copy of your marriage license of divorce decree.

Q. How can I get a new wall certificate and/or pocket cards with my new name?

A. There is a $25.00 fee for replacement documents. This fee must be received in the form of a cashier's check or money order. You can mail in this fee with a written request, or include the fee with your name change request form.

Q. I changed my name a while ago but my proof of legal presence still shows my previous name. Can I still apply using my proof of legal presence?

A. Yes! You will need to include a copy of the legal document that allowed for your name change (commonly a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree) with your application.

Q. What do I need to submit for my application to be complete?

A. Almost every application packet we have available includes either an instruction page or a check list. Please read those thoroughly.

Q. I want to apply in another state and they told me I need a letter with my license information, how do I get that?

A. You need a license verification. There is a fee of $25.00 for this service, payable by cashier’s check or money order to the state of Wyoming. We do have a verification request form available under the "Chiropractors" heading above.